TERRAIN ESSENTIALS by Mel Bose – a 192-page printed, hardback book published by Dave Taylor Miniatures w/ free mini Mel while supplies last
Mel Bose – The Terrain Tutor – has been building terrain for almost as long as he can remember. When he was five, Mel built playsets for his little green army men in the corner of a craft store. He was often assisted by model railroaders who were regulars at the store and, by the time he turned 15, Mel was primed for a life of building terrain.
Mel has traveled the world, as a medic in the army, a physiotherapist, and even a salesman. He has worked with people from all walks of life, and looked at things from many different perspectives. It is this approach that he brings to his successful YouTube channel, The Terrain Tutor. Since 2014, Mel has been able to make a living from sharing his passion – teaching people everything he knows about building terrain for tabletop wargaming, for hobbyists, clubs, displays, and for dioramas – and it’s that passion and knowledge that he brings to this book.
This Big Green book covers:
- Planning. The most important step is thinking it through before you start.
- Tools & Materials. Learn what you should
be using and when you should be using it.
- Techniques. How to get the results you want across a wide variety of terrain pieces.
- Bases & Boards. Give your terrain the foundations it deserves.
- Groundwork. Understand the importance
of texture in creating realistic pieces.
- Grasswork. Bring life to your pieces by adding the flora you would expect to see around it.
- Putting it all together! Combine all this information to build both natural and man-made features for all scales and settings.